Monday, August 13, 2012

Jim Cuddy Band - Edmonton Folk Music Festival 2012

Jim Cuddy Band by raise my voice
Jim Cuddy Band, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.
I have been a fan of Blue Rodeo for more years than I care to count. In fact, the very first time I attended the Edmonton Folk Music Festival, it was to see the band hit the main stage.

This year, I got to see Blue Rodeo's lead singer/guitarist (well, one of them anyways - can't forget Greg Keelor!) up close leading the Jim Cuddy Band. The sound was everything I expected it to be: straight ahead country-tinged roots rock, with a few Blue Rodeo classics thrown in here and there. In fact, Blue Rodeo's bassist Basil Donovan was also part of the band.

Jim Cuddy is a very energetic performer and his vocals - and frankly, he himself - have not aged a bit. An impressive concert!

No comments: