Monday, August 13, 2012

Lennie Gallant - Edmonton Folk Music Festival 2012

Lennie Gallant by raise my voice
Lennie Gallant, a photo by raise my voice on Flickr.
Lennie Gallant is a modern troubadour, a teller of stories through song, and a darn fine vocalist. I finally got to see him in concert at the 2012 Edmonton Folk Music Festival on August 11. He sang many songs from his latest release If We Had a Fire, but also some classics like "Peter's Dream" and "Which Way Does the River Run." I am not ashamed to admit that I cried during the beautiful and heartbreaking "Emily's Letters" and was left wanting more - s much more, in fact, that I think I am going to head to iTunes and get that latest albums, and a few older ones as well (I actually think I have one of his on cassette - kids, do you remember what those are?). If you hear that Lennie Gallant is coming to your city or town, be sure to see him. You will have a memorable time.

No comments: